Only apply if you are located in New York.
A Print Coordinator at Craft Worldwide is responsible for supporting the development, production and delivery of printed materials. This role supports the Print & Sr. Print Producers in managing the respective workflow. This role requires an ability to communicate strongly and effectively with internal teams to drive decisions and next steps, along with strong organizational skills to keep all projects moving forward towards delivery dates.
- Oversee client projects and establish weekly, monthly & quarterly forecasts
- Communication of project status & financials to manage internal & external expectations
- Work across multiple client portfolios as needed
ONBOARDING / TRAINING
- Proactively master all studio processes
ISO / QMS
- Complete all ISO-required training within first 21 days of employment
FINANCIALS / SOWs
- Develop clear scopes of work and level of efforts for each new project or campaign
- Preparation of estimates within our ManagePlus (WIP) system, balance and manage scope, time, cost, process, risk and quality
- Proactively manage project financials and develop estimates for scope creep to be approved prior to any additional work being executed
- Ensure all time is billed on jobs accurately and ManagePlus projects are closed within 3 business days of project delivery
- Monitor production costs throughout the course of each job and work with retouching to be sure time is managed efficiently.
WORKFLOW / PRODUCTION / QA
- Create production schedules and secure resources (onshore & offshore) through assignments listed in the project plans in
OrganizePlus. Work to ensure rounds of review stay within scope, and timelines are hit by both Craft & the client
- Ensure all client deliverables are accurate per the QA checklist & changes requested
- Upon file release, ensure the vendor/publisher received the files via written communication. Troubleshoot and work to resolve any issues that arise with vendors and publications regarding file setup, resolution or density
- Provide input into post mortem meetings & actively participate/optimize workflow as needed
- Monitor quality of ad reproduction in magazines, out-of-home, and newspapers based on industry standards and address issues with pubs/media as needed
- Provide direction where needed to the Studio on file preparation guidelines for ads, out-of-home, and collateral.
- Monitor production schedules to be sure targeted release date is reached across all client workstreams. Discuss adding resources with managers to accomplish timing objectives when needed
- Review mechanicals for accuracy before routing through ApprovePlus to Proofreading followed by AE, AD & CW. Based on their final input action the required revisions to studio. Repeat as needed to final approval
- Actively manage production teams (onshore & offshore) to mitigate any issues including, but not limited to: timeline delays, resourcing conflicts, billing issues, incorrect specs, unclear direction from client
- Maintain client spec sheets. Oversee the media grid per client assignment, confirming specs, material due dates and number of units for the print buys with media, publishers & vendors for each project
- Submit work requests to the studio with complete information & clear direction via the Studio Workflow
- Ensure all client deliverables are accurate prior to releasing from Studio to client and vendor
- Wholly own projects from specs, to production, to delivery to ensure 100% complete & accurate delivery
- Review of all materials prior to going into studio AQR, as well as checking all materials coming out of studio prior to releasing to agency/client
- Ensure data analytic points are captured in a timely basis and kept current at all times
- Integration of ApprovePlus (ProofHQ) into your workflow of ad production to streamline the process by adding efficiencies.
- Implementation and working knowledge of the Adstream workflow from ad inception through archiving of final assets within our Assets Plus (Adbank DAM) system.
- Use working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and its file formats to deliver final files.
- Understand and use knowledge of industry proofing profiles and standards for SWOP, Gracol, and Newsprint.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Computer-literate with knowledge of desktop applications, file formats and file specifications
- Proficient in MS Office & MS Projects
- Curious and collaborative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Agency experience a plus
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- A team player who understands how to work effectively in a fast paced, evolving organization
- Salary Offer or Budget NA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5