As a Strategist, you will be responsible for connecting cultural and audience insights to creative inspiration and opportunities in order to design and propose programmes that fulfill our clients’ asks by authentically connecting them to our brand and audience.
You will play a leadership role throughout the pre-sale process, which starts with understanding the client’s objectives and challenges and ends with proposing a compelling and competitive solution only R29 is able to provide. You will work closely and collaboratively with the Sales, Creative, Production, and Insight teams at R29 as well as partners across VICE Media Group in order to craft programmes that live exclusively on R29 as well as across VMG.
This is a freelance role for immediate hire, reporting into the Associate Strategy Director.
What you’ll do:
- Independently dissecting client briefs to identify the core problem that R29 is uniquely positioned to solve
- Tapping into your knowledge of audience, cultural, editorial, tech, and media trends to add an additional layer of insight to the opportunity
- Finding genuine connection points between client briefs and R29 capabilities, editorial programming, and commercial creative ideas
- Writing clear and concise creative briefs to guide and inspire internal teams in ideation
- Leading brainstorms to collaboratively develop original and compelling cross-platform programmes and creative ideas/executions
- Working cross-functionally to lead the proposal deck creation process — including proposal structure and overarching narrative — to ensure the final deliverable represents the Refinery29 brand and responds to the client brief
- Presenting and pitching proposals to internal stakeholders and clients
- Feeding your innate curiosity by remaining tapped into culture, abreast of industry and market trends, conducting primary and secondary research around brands, categories, platforms
- Building a deep knowledge and understanding of the R29 brand, capabilities, editorial programming, content performance, platform optimisations
- Identifying opportunities for R29 thought leadership within the cultural, creative, and media landscape
- Actively being a brand champion, supporting R29’s mission and guiding principles not only in your work but also how you work
What You Already Are:
- A strong communicator with excellent deck making, presenting, and copywriting skills.
- A continuous learner with a growth mindset – You are curious about the world around you and enjoy the process of uncovering new information, digging deep into niche topics, and broadening your understanding of the world and developing your abilities.
- A problem solver and lateral thinker – You are able to sift through information and ambiguity to find clarity; sometimes taking indirect and creative approaches to connect dots and identify solutions
- Known to be an empathetic, supportive, and trusted teammate – Your employees, peers, and co-workers value your collaboration, excellence, ideas and contributions.
- Able to focus on the detail while also keeping the big picture in mind
- Able to devise and implement a plan of action against deadlines, effectively coordinating oupt across different teams and internal stakeholder in short time frames
- Purpose-driven – Refinery29 is committed to supporting women in claiming their power in big and small ways. We are a purpose & mission-driven company and love people who have a passion to make a difference with their work.
- Entrepreneurial in your mindset – You have a vision for what needs to be done and you go about doing it and getting it done. You see and maximize opportunities for business growth. You care about driving success. You will not be micromanaged in this role. We expect you to take full ownership of your area and your results.
- Open, collaborative and curious – this is an ever-changing fast-paced company and we value people who listen and collaborate with an open mind for possible new ways of doing things.
- Salary Offer or Budget NA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5