As a WordPress Engineer (Backend) at Modern Tribe, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with the project strategist and senior backend developers to articulate the best technological solution for the problem at hand
- Analyze user story acceptance criteria to ensure technical feasibility and point out potential issues
- Manage yourself to make sure you can deliver on time, on budget and on scope
- Architect and develop new backend features and plugins, custom functionality, and theme integration
- Write high quality code with readability, efficiency and maintainability in mind
- Develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications
- Implement complex features using modern PHP code and patterns
- Code review the work of other developers
- Improve our internal tools, libraries and standards
- Actively participate in discipline and scrum meetings
- Work with your project team to diagnose and resolve backend bugs and support requests
Pay range for this role is commensurate with qualifications and experience about 15-20 hours per week. We are also open to full time applicants for this role.
We believe that freelancing is a way of life. We understand what it means to be a freelancer. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.