This is a full time remote job. Only apply if you are located in East Coast USA.
Our system infrastructure is 100% cloud based. We practice infrastructure-as-code. Each development team manages their product end to end. We need Devops engineers who can accelerate developer teams, while maintaining low latency and highly available shared infrastructure.
- Manage and own shared infrastructure for Engineering including Kubernetes, Teamcity, Jaeger, Gradle, and internal tooling.
- Automate new and existing processes/environment to build, test and deploy software and infrastructure.
- Be subject matter expert in container technologies, networking, and build tooling.
- Security compliance tasks for SOC2 and PCI.
- Be a part of the standard developer on call rotation. (This rotation is Devops specific; all engineers are a part of it.)
- Developer experience is your first priority; you get excited by unlocking other people’s ability to produce at high speed.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and helping others.
- You take an engineering first approach to problem solving.
- You understand that iteration is the way to consistently make systems better.
- You know observability into systems is how we can make them reliable.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical fields.
- 1+ years of experience developing infrastructure for SaaS products
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java or any other high level programming languages.
- Build technologies such as gradle or bazel, especially with regards to caching and mono repo optimization.
- Kubernetes and other container technologies.
- Using AWS.
- Cost optimization of infrastructure in AWS.
- Networking, especially in Kubernetes using a service mesh like Linkerd and ingresses.
- Knowledge of infrastructure tools such as Cloudformation or Terraform.
- Linux administration, performance monitoring and debugging tools.